An alter ego is described as a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. Alter egos are used by numerous performing sluggn.com who use stage or screen personae both to entertain audiences and to explore new identities for themselves but usually, people who have been deprived or who haven't been able to do what they always wanted to do in life have an alter ego.
Onika Tanya Maraj has created alter egos by different manners. The alter ego Cookie was created because of her parents' constant fights and arguments. Later, she created alter egos like Rosa and Nicole for entertainment purposes. "Nicki Minaj" was originally an alter ego of Maraj but was later used as her stage name. In today music, alter egos has been more frequently used by artists. Both Lady Gaga and Beyonce have created their alter egos "Jo Calderone" and "Sasha Fierce", respectively. Minaj alter egos have more 's characteristics than alter ego's characteristics but Minaj herself has stated that she call them her alter egos.
List of alter egos
The following is a list of alter egos created by Nicki Minaj for personal, creative or entertainment reasons:
|Cookie||Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago||Minaj's childhood||She is the first alter ego of Nicki Minaj, introduced to escape the troubles of her home life as a child.|
|Onika||Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago||"Letting Go (Dutty Love)||She is one of Nicki's normal characters.|
|Female Weezy||Queens, New York City||"Y.U. Mad"||She is represented as the female version of Lil Wayne.|
|The Harajuku Barbie||Queens, New York City||"Itty Bitty Piggy"||Often shortened simply to Barbie, is the name of one of Minaj's longest lasting and most famous alter egos, particularly known for her soft voice.|
|Lap Dance Nika||Unknown||I Am Music II Tour||She performed lap dances at Wayne's tour and later retired when the tour ended. She is rumored to appear when a lap dance is needed.|
|Martha Zolanski||London, England||"Roman's Revenge"||She is the mother of Roman Zolanski and an alter ego of Minaj, She is the godmother of Nicki and is a strict and traditional woman.|
|Nicki Lewinsky||Queens, New York City||"Sunshine"||She is one of the most know alter egos of Minaj when she was an underground artist, and is known for her sexual lyrics.|
|Nicki Teresa||New York City||Minaj's visit at "The Garden of Dreams Foundation"||Also known as The Healer, is an alter ego, who wears a colorful scarf around her head and went around places as the "healer to her fans."|
|Nicki the Boss||Queens, New York City||"Jump Off '07"||She is described as the ingenious austere business woman that always thinks outside of the box, who is never afraid to assert herself.|
|Nicki the Ninja||Philippines||"Higher Than a Kite"||She is a hip hop lyrical assassin, who is sometimes naughty.|
|Nicole||She is portrayed as a very sweet and bubbly girl who is up for any man who seeks her attention.|
|Norman||Middle East||Minaj's UStream||He is an alter ego of Minaj, who makes appearances on UStream along with SB.|
|Point Dexter||Unknown||"The Creep"||Often shortened to simply Dexter, is one of Minaj's alter ego who is creepy and a pervert.|
|Roman Zolanski||London, England||"Bottoms Up"||Minaj's most well-known and utilized alter ego, described as a blond homosexual male characterized as being far more outspoken and wild than Nicki herself.|
|Rosa||Spain, or Latin American||Lopez Tonight||She is an alter ego of Minaj, created in an interview due to the Mexican origins of the host.|
|Tyrone||Harlem, New York City||"Till the World Ends (The Femme Fatale Remix)"||He is a crackhead from Harlem who raps in a detuned and erratic way.|
|Chun-Li||Somewhere in China||"Chun-Li"||Chun-Li is Nicki's bad guy persona. Chun was first introduced through Nicki's single "Chun Li". She appeared at the 2018 Met-Gala. Chun is rumored to be on Nicki's fourth studio album "Queen".|
Unconfirmed/Unofficial alter egos
In various occasions Minaj have called herself by many different names leading to fan's speculate of more alter egos, however, those have not been confirmed by Minaj as her alter egos or simply they do not have enough information to be classified as alter egos. The following is a list of unconfirmed or unofficial alter egos of Nicki Minaj:
- The Bride of Blackenstein: character of Minaj created for an episode of Saturday Night Live, who acted like a complainant wife. Some fans catalog her as an alter ego.
- Da Kid: Minaj sometimes change her tone when saying "Da Kid" but it could probably just be nickname like "Nicki Minaj."
- Dr. Minaj: for the music video of "Out of My Mind," Minaj created a character for the video called "Dr. Minaj" who falls in love with her patient B.o.B.
- Black Hannah Montana: referring to herself as "Hannah Montana," Minaj could mean various things: one being she has alter egos like Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus) had Hannah Montana, or that she is a super star like Montana.
- Sexy Chocolate: Minaj said on her twitter that her stripper name is "Sexy Chocolate." Nothing else is known about her.
- Super Snatch: for the Beam Me Up Scotty photo shoot, Minaj said that she was dressed up like "Super Snatch" and said that she is "coming soon" before saying "the fastest boss in the business."
- None Salmon: Nicki responded to a tweet that stated "Your stripper name is the color of your underwear and the last thing you ate," and deemed herself "None Salmon."
- Lorrie Zolanski: Lorrie is a rumored alter-ego that supposedly appeared in Stupid Hoe and was rumored to appear in Beez In The Trap as well. She is said to be the younger sister of Roman, and daughter of Martha. She has a lisp and swears like a sailor.
- Mermie: A rumored alter ego was made by fans every time they see Nicki in a green wig and a bikini like in "Massive Attack", Super Bass", "Starships" etc., Mermie is a mermaid that came to land, hence it's name.