|Pink Friday: Roman Relaoded|
|Studio album by Nicki Minaj|
|Released||April 2, 2012|
|Label||Young Money, Cash Money, Universal Republic|
|Nicki Minaj chronology|
|Singles from Pink Friday: Roman Relaoded|
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (written on iTunes as Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded due to naming restrictions) is the sophomore studio album by Nicki Minaj. The album was released on April 2, 2012. On March 1, 2012, Minaj revealed the artwork for the album. The cover shows Minaj in a blonde wig in front of a colorful background, with her face covered in pink, yellow, and green paint. The first promotional single from the album, "Stupid Hoe", was released on December 20, 2011. "Starships", which replaced "Va Va Voom" as the lead single, was released on February 14, 2012. "Roman Reloaded" was soon released afterwards as the second promotional single. "Young Forever" and "Marilyn Monroe" both leaked online in February 2012. On March 20, Minaj released "Beez in the Trap" (featuring 2 Chainz) and "Right by My Side" (featuring Chris Brown). The standard edition of the album leaked March 28, 2012, the bonus tracks, except for "Press Conference" leaked the next day.
The album debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart and the UK R&B Albums Chart. Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is the first album by a female rap artist to chart at number one in the United Kingdom, with first week sales of 47,462 copies, which is why the album became Gold in the UK.
For the week ending April 10, 2012, the album debuted at #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart selling 253,000 copies in its first week. According to Nielsen Soundscan, as of the end of 2014, it has sold 901,000 copies in the US. According to RIAA, the album was certified Platinum on June 22, 2012 with 1,000,000 shipments. The album has sold 1,800,000 copies worldwide since its release. The album also debuted at #1 on the Scottish Albums Chart. It debuted at #5 on the Australian Albums Chart and #2 on the Australian Urban Albums Chart. The album has been certified Gold there. It has peaked at #1 on the US R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart and #1 on the US Rap Albums Chart. As of May 29, 2012, the album peaked at #3 in Brazil. It charted at #1 in the Canadian Albums Chart. It also peaked at #2 and #3 on the Irish Albums Chart and the New Zealand Albums Chart respectively. It also charted in many other countries like Norwegia, France, Spain, Switzerland, Swedian, Mexico, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, and Finland. The album has been certified Platinum in Ireland. It has also been certified Gold in Australia, Japan, and France.
Fan single selections
On May 24, 2012, Nicki created a poll asking her fans to pick her next single. There were 3 different polls to pick one song from each. The first poll was between the four pop ballad songs: "Marilyn Monroe", "Fire Burns", "Young Forever", and "Gun Shot". The second poll was between the three rap/hip-hop songs "Champion", "HOV Lane", and "I Am Your Leader". The third and last poll was between the three dance/techno songs "Va Va Voom", "Whip It", and "Pound the Alarm". "Pound the Alarm" was chosen as the next single over "Va Va Voom" due to popularity in many countries, and having been requested and played on many radio stations. Minaj later confirmed that "Champion" will be the next urban single. This changed due to the release of The Re-Up. The next urban single was "The Boys", which was the lead single off The Re-Up.
*"Press Conference" is not an actual song, but rather a press conference with Nicki Minaj, Charlemagne, and Safaree "SB" Samuels discussing the album.
The gallery below is a digital copy of the deluxe version of the Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded booklet.
|Germany||April 2, 2012||CD, digital download||Universal Music, Cash Money||Standard, Deluxe|
|United Kingdom||Universal Island, Cash Money|
|France||Universal Music, Cash Money|
|United States||April 3, 2012||Universal Music, Young Money, Cash Money|
|Japan||April 11, 2012||Universal Music Japan, Cash Money|
|Brazil||April 23, 2012||Universal Music, Cash Money|
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up is the re-release of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which was released on November 19, 2012 as a 3-disc album. Disc 1 contained 7 new tracks that was all Rap, and the hit bonus "Va Va Voom." Disc 2 was the standard version of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Disc 3 was a 90 minute bonus DVD. It had a new art cover as well. A promo single was released called "The Boys", while the first official single was "Freedom".
- ↑ "RIAA – Gold & Platinum: "Nicki Minaj"". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded: Nicki Minaj: Amazon.de: Musik". Amazon.de. 2009-09-09. http://www.amazon.de/Pink-Friday-Reloaded-Nicki-Minaj/dp/B006PTZNSY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333045898&sr=8-2. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- ↑ "UK PF:RR". http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pink-Friday-Roman-Reloaded/dp/B007HLU9UQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333045961&sr=8-2. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- ↑ "PF:Roman Reloaded (France)" (in French). Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.fr/Friday-Roman-Reloaded-Nicki-Minaj/dp/B007DIQB50/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1332537935&sr=8-11. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- ↑ "PF:Roman Reloaded (AU)". Sanity.com. http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2208727/Pink_Friday_Roman_Reloaded. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- ↑ "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Deluxe Edition)". http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pink+Friday:+Roman+Reloaded+(Deluxe+Edition)+-+CD/4980503.p?id=2403724&skuId=4980503&st=pink%20friday%20roman%20reloaded&lp=4&cp=1. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- ↑ "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded". Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.ca/Pink-Friday-Reloaded-Nicki-Minaj/dp/B006PTZNSY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332998357&sr=8-2. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- ↑ "JP PF: RR" (in Japanese). Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AA%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%87%E3%83%83%E3%83%89-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A5/dp/B006GHC36U/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1332998172&sr=8-14. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- ↑ popline.mtv.uol.com.br/nicki-minaj-pink-friday-roman-reloaded-chega-as-lojas-do-brasil-na-segunda-quinzena-de-abril